Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Also since this is the last scribe good luck to everyone on their exam, and for their upcoming future.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
This picture on the other hand is completely irrelevant, but it is funny and we could all use a little laugh before the exam right?
So, now that everyone is caught up on our discussion on friday i will say good day. Good luck on the exam! Don't choke!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
We are on our fourth day of reviewing for the exam , and today we've chose to review STATS.
Statistics Exam Reviw
The general learning outcomes are
- Find the population standard deviation of a data set using tech.
- Use z-scores to solve problems
Some Tips and Tricks.
- Can you find the mean and standard deviation of :
A. Ungrouped Data?
- single data set
-**stat- calc- 1 var stats L1
B .Grouped Data?
- 2 data sets (one set of boundaries and one set of frequencies)
- **stat calc 1-Var stats L1, L2
- boundaries * first list
- frequencies * second list
- Z-scores (& Normal Distributions)
z= (the mark - mean )/ standard deviation
A. normal cdf ( lowest score, highest score, mean, standard dev.)
normal cdf (lowest zscore, highest z score)
*Record what your inputs are.. forgetting to write your inputs WILL GET YOU NO POINTS.
C. "Stats spreadsheet" on the network
* This sheet will do any kind of question that will get thrown at you on the exam. ALso, record your inputs, screen shots aren't a bad idea either.
- Binomial distributions/ conifidence intervals
A. mean = n*p
standard dev. = n*p*q ------> provided the distribution is binomial
(( p is "probablity" of success
q= "probability of failure"
n= number of items in a data set.))
B. Binompdf or Binomcdf*** unlikely to see on exam.
( # of prob trials, prob of success, no. of successes)
pdf = implies... ""Exactly this many successes""
cdf = imples... ""At most this many successes""
So, P(AT LEAST) = 1- P(at most)
To receive full marks... your answer should look like this:
*Calculator default for the interval is decimals/ percentages
- must be converted if required
( p-low * n , p-high * n )
**** As level of confidence increases size of interval Also increases.
Study hard, it'll be worth it =)!